“Reviving Manston Airport as a successful and profitable airfreight hub, of national significance,with complementary passenger and engineering services.”
RiverOak Strategic Partners Ltd (RSP) has initiated a process under the provisions of the Planning Act 2008 which is intended to lead to an application for a Development Consent Order that will include the compulsory purchase of Manston Airport. A public, statutory consultation will take place on our plans in due course.
A Development Consent Order (DCO) is being sought that will have the airport land taken over by someone who has the wish, the money and the ability to develop it as a thriving airport.
- HM Government (Planning Inspectorate) now decide the future of Manston – not Thanet District Council.
- RSP are a great buyer with a fantastic aviation business vision and the money ready.
- Regular meetings between Planning Inspectorate and RiverOak are already taking place.
- Major aviation businesses are keen and ready to come to Manston.
- Generating full time quality jobs at an expanded Manston.
- Now with dual carriageway and unequalled proximity to channel ports, M25, and Highspeed rail services to London.
RSP are applying for a comprehensive DCO encompassing the compulsory purchase of the airport and the planning permissions required for the reinstatement of Manston as a specialised aviation agglomeration centre offering the following facilities and services:
- a major international centre for air freight,
- a reliever for the major airports of London,
- an extensive aircraft recycling and engineering facility,
- a base for at least one passenger carrier,
- a flight training school,
- a fixed base operation for executive travel.
RSP have enlisted some very heavyweight teams to deliver the development and planning of Manston. Find out more on their website.