About RiverOak (RSP)
“Reviving Manston Airport as a successful and profitable airfreight hub, of national significance,with complementary passenger and engineering services.”
RiverOak Strategic Partners Ltd (RSP) has initiated a process under the provisions of the Planning Act 2008 which is intended to lead to an application for a Development Consent Order that will include the compulsory purchase of Manston Airport. A public, statutory consultation will take place on our plans in due course.
A Development Consent Order (DCO) is being sought that will have the airport land taken over by someone who has the wish, the money and the ability to develop it as a thriving airport.
- HM Government (Planning Inspectorate) now decide the future of Manston – not Thanet District Council.
- RSP are a great buyer with a fantastic aviation business vision and the money ready.
- Regular meetings between Planning Inspectorate and RiverOak are already taking place.
- Major aviation businesses are keen and ready to come to Manston.
- Generating full time quality jobs at an expanded Manston.
- Now with dual carriageway and unequalled proximity to channel ports, M25, and Highspeed rail services to London.
RSP are applying for a comprehensive DCO encompassing the compulsory purchase of the airport and the planning permissions required for the reinstatement of Manston as a specialised aviation agglomeration centre offering the following facilities and services:
- a major international centre for air freight,
- a reliever for the major airports of London,
- an extensive aircraft recycling and engineering facility,
- a base for at least one passenger carrier,
- a flight training school,
- a fixed base operation for executive travel.
“We know that there is considerable interest in the formation and funding of RiverOak Strategic Partners, particularly the identity of our investors and we understand that this is born of a desire by many local people to feel confident that the DCO can proceed successfully and Manston can reopen as swiftly as possible.
We share your determination! The creation of RiverOak Strategic Partners meets our long held commitment to have a UK operating company. Our investors are represented on the RSP board by Nick Rothwell, Rico Sykes and Gerard Heusler. M.I.O Investments Limited has been established by our investors as a specific funding vehicle for their financial interests in the Manston project, which is standard practice. MIO Investments Limited is a company registered in the Commonwealth territory of Belize.
We have provided all required details of our company ownership structure to Companies House and also informed the Planning Inspectorate of the creation of RSP. Additional, comprehensive details of our funding partners and investment arrangements will of course be provided to PINS as part of the DCO application, providing solid evidence of our ability to meet all of the financial obligations associated with the acquisition, reopening and operation of the airport.”
The formation and funding of Riveroak Strategic Partners, 29 March 2017.
RSP have enlisted some very heavyweight teams to deliver the development and planning of Manston. Find out more on their website.