Statutory Consultation Events
Seven public statutory consultation events are taking place between Wednesday 14 June and Saturday 24 June, as part of a six-week consultation period on RiverOak Strategic Partners’ proposals to reopen Manston Airport as an air freight hub, creating thousands of jobs for Thanet and the wider regional economy.
RiverOak Strategic Partners (‘RiverOak’) is proposing to reopen Manston Airport as a vibrant air freight hub with associated business aviation and passenger services, creating almost 30,000 jobs by the airport’s 20th year of operation.
They are consulting on their proposals before submitting an application for a Development Consent Order to the Planning Inspectorate. This consultation will fulfil a number of requirements set out in the Planning Act 2008, allowing them to refine their proposals before submitting the application.
This consultation will provide an opportunity for the public to scrutinise and comment on the proposals, which include more detailed information than was available during their non-statutory consultation in Summer 2016.
The consultation runs from Monday 12 June 2017 to Sunday 23 July 2017 and RiverOak would like to hear your views.
How to take part
You can find out more about the proposals by visiting one of the consultation events which are being held as follows:
- The King’s Hall, Herne Bay, Wednesday 14 June: 2pm – 8pm
- The Pavilion, Broadstairs, Thursday 15 June: 2pm – 8pm
- Cliffsend Village Hall, Friday 16 June: 2pm – 8pm
- The Sands Hotel, Margate, Saturday 17 June: 10am – 2pm
- The Guildhall, Sandwich, Tuesday 20 June: 2pm – 8pm
- Abode Hotel, Canterbury, Thursday 22 June: 2pm – 8pm
- The Comfort Inn, Ramsgate, Saturday 24 June: 10am – 2pm
Throughout the consultation, documents will also be available for inspection at the consultation events as well as in the following libraries, during their normal opening hours:
- Birchington Library
- Broadstairs Library
- Cliftonville Library
- Deal Library (full copy of Preliminary Environmental Information report available here)
- Herne Bay Library (full copy of Preliminary Environmental Information report available here)
- Margate Library (full copy of Preliminary Environmental Information report available here)
- Minster-in-Thanet Library
- Newington Library
- Ramsgate Library
- Sandwich Library
- Westgate Library
Consultation documents can be downloaded from the RSP website: http://rsp.co.uk/statutory-consultation/
Sending your feedback
There are various ways that you can respond to RSP’s consultation. All consultation responses must be received by 11.59pm on the last day of the consultation, 23 July 2017, or they may not be able to take them into account.
- by post: Feedback Forms and any other consultation responses can be posted to PO Box 3297, Bristol, BS1 9LL;
- online by clicking here;
- by email: Consultation responses can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- at the consultation events: Feedback Forms will be available at the consultation events and can be left at the event or returned by post.
RSP will provide an acknowledgement for consultation responses that include a valid email address or postal address.
How to contact RSP
If you need any further information or you have questions about the consultation process or events, please contact RSP on 0800 030 4137 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm) or by emailing: email@example.com.